The Indian Air Force conducts Air Force Common Admission Test known as AFCAT for commissioned officers biannually. Enterprising and Adventurous Indian Citizens both men and women can apply for Flying, Ground Duty (Technical) and Ground Duty(Non-Technical) branches. AFCAT 1 Notification 2017 is released and is inviting application for the courses commencing in January 2018.
AFCAT and Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) are the two tests to be taken by the students. AFCAT will be a 2 hour exam and EKT will be a 45minutes exam followed by AFCAT as stated in AFCAT 1 Notification 2017. The candidates shortlisted on the basis of AFCAT/EKT would be called for further testing at any Air Force Selection Boards.
AFCAT 1 2017 Notification and Exam Details
- Date of Notification: December 2016
- Application starts from: 03 December 2016
- Application closes on: 29 December 2016
- Date of Exam: 26 February 2017
- Date of Result: March – April 2017
AFCAT 2017 Eligibility
- Educational Qualification: A minimum 3 year graduation is required in any discipline from any recognized university with a minimum of 60% or equivalent and 10+2 cleared with Mathematics and Physics.
- Age: 20 to 24 years as on 01.01.2018. The upper limit is relaxed for candidates holding Commercial Pilot License to 26 years.
Ground Duty (Technical):
- Educational Qualification: Candidates with minimum 60% in Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level and having an Engineering/Technology degree from a reputed university.
- Age: 20 to 26 years as on 01.01.2018 can apply.
Ground Duty (Non Technical):
- Educational Qualification: Graduation (Minimum three year degree course) in any discipline from a recognized university with 60% or equivalent.
- Age: 20 to 26 years as on 01.01.2018 are eligible.
AFCAT 1 Application Form 2017
The candidates meeting the minimum eligibility criteria can apply by following the steps:
- Go the official portal of Indian Air Force Career http://careerairforce.nic.in/ and click the “CANDIDATE LOGIN”.
- Refer the Guidelines for Application and fill the Candidate Registration Form.
- Fill up the Application Form using the Registration Number with utmost care.
- Please keep all the documents readily available such as passport size photograph(size 10 to 50KB)
- The modification of the online form can be done only on 30 and 31 December, 2016. The name and address are the only fields that could be edited.
As per the AFCAT 1 Notification 2017 a unique email id is to be maintained by the candidates throughout the selection process.