One is often confused while applying for the CAT organized by the renowned Indian Institute of Management (IIM). The very first thing to keep in mind while filling the CAT 2015 registration form is to check whether one is eligible. Also, there are issues like exam dates, last date to apply, application fee, etc. Here’s a list of things to note while applying for India’s most important test i.e. CAT 2015.
Students filling the CAT 2015 registration form must verify if they satisfy the eligibility criteria set by IIM.
– Aspirants must have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the subjects of their choice.
– Candidates in their final year of a Bachelor’s degree are also eligible for the CAT 2015 application.
– Candidates who have appeared for their final year exams and are awaiting results can also appear for the exam.
– The cutoffs for different graduation courses are:
- a) Engineers- 78%
- b) Commerce/Economics- 71%
- c) Agriculture/Science- 74%
- d) Arts/Humanities/Law- 68%
- e) Medicine- 66%
- f) CA/CS- 59%
Students must not lose hope after reading the cutoff criteria as there are other colleges as well, apart from IIMs.
- Application Fee
– For General/OBS candidates: INR 1600
– For SC/ST/PWD candidates- INR 800
One very important thing is that the only way to pay fee is the online mode. CAT 2015 registration is only available online. Offline forms are nowhere available. This is to diminish chaos and increase order.
- Application Form
CAT 2015 registration can be done here:
Click here to Apply Online for CAT 2015 Application Form
Or you may simply log in to www.iimcat.ac.in and click on the Register Now button. A CAT 2015 application form link will be found there. You will be later asked to upload your documents. You may get them scanned and upload them in the uploading section.
Make sure to take a print out of the entire form, once filled.
You will also be asked to select any three cities where you can give the exam. Select the cities wisely.
There are three ways to pay the application fee: E-challan, net-banking, credit/debit card. No offline application is available.
- Important Dates
– Opening date for online registration: August 6, 2015
– Last Date to apply: September 20, 2015
– Admit card issue date: October 15, 2015
– CAT 2015 exam date: November 29, 2015
– CAT results- Second week of January, 2016
There is a total of 46 days to fill the CAT 2015 application form.
Selection procedure includes three rounds:
– Common Admission Test
– Group Discussion
– Personal Interview
Candidates surviving the three rounds will finally be admitted to the college and can happily pursue their management degrees challenging the manager within them.
The best feature about CAT is that you can give the exam whenever you want! No age restriction whatsoever. One must use this feature wisely and get admitted to the most prestigious management college of the world.