Douglas College Canada is one of the largest public colleges in British Columbia, Canada. Every year a large number of students pursue their higher studies from Douglas College. It has a total of 16,113 credit students, 9,000 continuing education students, and 1,400 international students. The Douglas College Canada has the major campuses namely the New Westminster Campus and the David Lam Campus in Coquitlam. The college is recognized by the British Columbia Education Quality Assurance program. There are various bachelor’s degrees and postgraduate degrees offered in the Douglas College Canada. Students will get different funding facilities for their courses.
Are you planning to study at Douglas College Canada, first you need to know all the details regarding the Douglas College Canada Application Process, admission, and its deadlines? Have a look.
Douglas College Canada Application Process
Before taking the admission students to have to go through certain criteria to fill the application form.
Admission Requirements: Students have to satisfy any one of the following criteria for the Douglas College Canada Application Process.
- BC secondary school graduation (or the equivalent in another school system)
- One course short of BC secondary school graduation
- Have to attain the age of 19 by the end of the first month of the first semester of attendance
- Must be 17 years old on the first day of the first semester of attendance and has not been in school for at least one year
- Completion of a certificate or equivalent from a special needs program and has been in school for 12 years.
Language Proficiency Requirements: Candidates have to fulfill any one of the following.
High School Grades
- English 12 – minimum final grade “C” *
- English Literature 12 – minimum grade “C”
- Communications 12 – minimum final grade “B” *
- English 12 First Peoples – minimum final grade “C” *
- Technical and Professional Communications 12 – minimum grade “C” *
- AP English Language or Literature – minimum grade 3
- IB English Language A (SL) – minimum grade 3
English Testing Options (Anyone)
- LPI – minimum essay score 4
- TOEFL iBT – minimum score of 83
- IELTS – minimum overall band test score 6.5 (academic module only)
- EIKEN Practical English – minimum placement of Grade 1
- CAEL – minimum overall and an essay score of 60
- Cambridge English CAE- minimum score 75 or “B”
- Cambridge English CPE – minimum score 60 or “C”
- Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) Level 8 in each of Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic – minimum score of 56
How to Apply for Admission in Douglas College Canada
If you are a “New Students”, you have to apply Douglas College Canada Application Process online. Check the pointers below to apply.
- Choose a program that you want to pursue
- Check all the admission requirements
- Check all the required documents need to submit online (High school/college transcripts, Proof of English proficiency, and a valid passport)
- Scan all the required documents and make a PDF file of those documents (all the documents must be duly signed)
- If you fulfill all the admission criteria, then after submitting the application form, you will get an offer letter within 5 business days. This will include instructions on how to accept your offer.
- After accepting your offer, you will get a final acceptance letter with all the details like course planning, registration, new student orientation, and more.
- Now, you are done with all the process and can get into Douglas College Canada.
Douglas College Canada Application Deadlines 2018
|Winter Semester:||(Jan-Apr) First Day Applications Accepted – February 1 (preceding year)|
|Summer Semester:||(May-Aug) First Day Applications Accepted – June 1 (preceding year)|
|Fall Semester:||(Sept-Dec) First Day Applications Accepted – October 1 (preceding year)|
For more details, stay tuned to our website.