Education in USA: Undergraduate Education System in USA

Are you looking for information on Education in USA or Undergraduate Education System in USA? Are you thinking to study abroad? Then you must be finding the best undergraduate courses in USA.

There are hundreds and thousands of undergraduate colleges doe Education in USA you find looking for bright students from all over the world, and the USA is one of the highly demanding countries most of the students all over the world think to go for higher studies. So if you want to know more about the undergraduate education system in the USA then this article can give you that information which you are looking for.

Undergraduate Education System in USA:

Undergraduate Education System in USA consists of two and four-year undergraduate course.

2 -Year Undergraduate Course-

Students who choose to studying a 2-year undergraduate course, get an Associate degree also known as intermediate degree.  The students get the associate degree awarded by technical, junior or community college. 2-year undergraduate degree indicates that the student has a broad base in general education along with concentration with specific areas.

60 semester credit hours is mandatory for getting an associate degree from USA that takes 2 years to complete.

The parts of 2-year undergraduate course are-

  • General education requirements,
  • Requirements within your major (or concentrated area of study)
  • Electives (courses of your own choosing based on your interests)

3-types of associate degrees are there-

1. Associate of Arts (A.A)

2. Associate of Science (A.S)

3. Associate of Applied Science (AAS)

An Associate degree in Arts or Science prepares a student for enrolling in 4 year college or university. Associate in Applied Science degree prepares a student to join any specific field of work after getting the degree.

4-Year Undergraduate Course-

This course is commonly known as college degree or bachelor’s degree. 120-128 semester credit hours are required to complete this degree. Out of the 120-128 hours, 60 hours are taken from the associate degree.

The 4 years are named as-

  • Freshman
  • Sophomore
  • Junior
  • Senior years

During the initial year, the students are asked to study “Liberal Arts” that include humanities, English composition, social science, mathematics, history, physical and natural sciences.

Once the students complete this course, they are asked to select a specific core of subject also known as the major. The core subject is selected based on the interest of the student and in which the student wants to pursue his/her career in future.

Other 4-year courses include Pharmacy, Agriculture, Business, Engineering, Fine Arts and other specialized fields.

Degree in medicine and law are not provided in undergraduate level in USA like other undergraduate models in other countries. Students need to get a bachelor’s degree to get into law or medical course.

2 types of  Bachelor’s degree are-

1. Bachelor of Arts (BA)

2. Bachelor’s of Science (BS)

Other, more specialized bachelor’s degrees include:

  • Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.)
  • Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.)
  • Bachelor of Social Work (B.S.W.)
  • Bachelor of Science in Public Affairs (B.S.P.A)
  • Bachelor of Architecture Degree (B.Arch.)
  • Bachelor of Philosophy (B.Phil.)
  • Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.)
  • Bachelor of Design (B.Des.)

What should you know about one and two-year course?

There are more than 1,000 two-year colleges as well as institutions in the United States of America. These types of undergraduate schools are also well-known as junior and community colleges. In the majority of the states, community colleges are also full time operated either by a group of the division of the state university as well as/or by particular local districts subject to the management as well as guidance from a state agency. So if you want to know the list of undergraduate courses in USA for admission, then you should visit their following sites to get the accurate information.

When to and how to apply for undergraduate course

If you want to know how to apply for undergraduate courses in USA, then you can contact with the USA consulate. Whether students choose a two-year program or course route then in the higher education of study to earn an associate as well as an intermediate degree, you will have to study at least two more years. So if you are thinking to go for associate degrees that are awarded to a community college or a junior or technical college which indicate that you have already completed a course of study with a broad base then in general term in education as well as a concentration in a particular area. This thing is also same to earn a four years undergraduate study in USA, and you need to be the same eligibility as well as scores for the course you have completed and fulfilling the requirement.