Check here GATE 2017 Exam Pattern for all branches like Computer Science (CSE), Civil, Mechanical (ME), Electrical Engineering (EEE), Electronics (ECE),
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2017) is conducted every year by the 7 IITs and IISSC on the rotational basis. GATE 2017 will be organised by the IIT Roorkee. The candidates can now apply for the GATE 2017 as the registration has started. The exam is scheduled to be conducted in the month of February 2017. Here we are going to give you important details about the GATE 2017 Exam Pattern.
GATE 2017 Exam Pattern
The GATE 2017 exam will be conducted in 23 subjects/papers but one candidate is allowed to appear for One Subject/Paper only. The candidates should note the paper code of the subject/paper they want to appear for. This information should be filled carefully in the application form because once filled you cannot change the paper. The 23 subjects/papers and their codes can be checked from here:
|Paper||Paper Code||Paper||Paper Code|
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|Agricultural Engineering||AG||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Architecture and Planning||AR||Mathematics||MA|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Mining Engineering||MN|
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Metallurgical Engineering||MT|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS||Petroleum Engineering||PE|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Textile Engineering and Fiber Science||TF|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY||Engineering Sciences||XE|
Also Check: GATE 2016
GATE 2017 Schedule
The GATE 2017 Schedule to all streams is February 4 – 5, 2017 and February 11 – 12, 2017. There will be forenoon and afternoon sessions on weekends. This year the GATE exam will be held in international cities as well and the timings of the session will be as per the local time of the cities. The duration of the exam will be three hours.
- GATE 2017 Notification and Application Form
- GATE 2017 Syllabus for CSE (Computer Science)
- Tips for Cracking GATE Exam
- GATE 2017 Admit Card
- GATE 2017 Cut Off Marks (Expected)
GATE 2017 Paper Pattern
- Type of Questions: The GATE 2017 exam will consist of multiple-choice objective type questions (MCQs) and numerical answer type questions (NATs). For objective type questions, candidates will be required to choose the right option from the available options. For numerical answer type questions (NATs), the candidates will be required to enter the number value.
- No. of Questions: The GATE exam will consist of 65 questions of 100 maximum marks.
- Exam Duration: 3 hours
GATE 2017 Pattern for Various Subjects/Papers
- The GATE papers of AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PE, PI, TF and XE, will carry Engineering Mathematics for 15% marks of total marks, General Aptitude section will contain 15% marks & rest of the 70% marks will be contained by the core subject of the paper.
- The GATE papers of AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH and XL, will carry General Aptitude section for 15% of the total marks & remain 85% marks will be carried by the core subject of the paper.
- The General Aptitude section will carry 5 questions of 1 Mark & 5 questions of 2 marks.
- Question paper of fields other than GG, XE & XL will contain 25 questions of 1 mark and 30 questions of 2
XE and XL Papers are of general nature and will contain the sections as given below:
Sections of XE paper:
|Polymer Science and Engineering||F|
|Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences||H|
Note: From the year 2017, a new section namely Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (section H) is included in XE (Engineering Sciences) paper of GATE.
GATE 2017 Exam Pattern for XE Paper
Candidates appearing for the XE paper will be required to attempt the following sections:
- Section A– Engineering Mathematics (compulsory section) – consists of 11 questions (7 questions of 1 mark & 4 questions of 2 marks)
- GA– General Aptitude
- Select any two of XE sections B to H– consists of 22 questions (9 questions carrying 1 mark & 13 questions carrying 2 marks)
GATE 2017 Exam Pattern for XL Paper:
The Candidate appearing XL paper has to attempt the following sections:
- Section P– Chemistry (compulsory section) – It will contain 15 questions (5 questions of 1 marks & 10 questions of 2 marks)
- GA– General Aptitude
- Opt for any two of XL sections Q to U– It will contain 20 questions (10 questions of 1 mark & 10 questions of 2 marks)
XL Paper of GATE has the following sections:
Students can choose the sections during the examination after viewing the questions.