GMAT Score Required- GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) has gained its popularity over the last decade or so. It is the gateway for MBA aspirants into the most reputed B-schools all over the world. Various Indian institutes like the Indian Institute of Management, the Indian School of Business, Hyderabad, S P Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai and XLRI, Jamshedpur etc. too consider GMAT score to admit students. Students who score above the GMAT Cut Off marks are considered for these schools. Higher the marks, more the chances of scholarships to the best B- schools.
GMAT Score Required in Top B-Schools:-
While India boasts a range of premier B-schools, the competition and population of students applying to these schools is humongous. Hence not all students can secure a seat in these institutes. The next best option, and sometimes the better option, is to apply abroad. The most important concern in this regard is the GMAT score required in top B schools. Although the GMAT cut off in top B schools keeps changing, depending upon the performance of the students in the exam, the range of minimum cut off stays constant which is usually between 500-750.
Given the popularity of the management course, good B-schools are present all over the world. And according to Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), GMAT score is accepted by nearly 6000 business schools in more than 114 countries worldwide. However, among all, the most sought after abroad destinations for MBA are U.S.A., U.K., Australia and Canada. If one is interested in pursuing a management program in the best business schools abroad, it is important to know the GMAT cut off for MBA admission abroad.
GMAT score required for top business schools vary from university to university, and country to country. However, in general, minimum GMAT score required for top B schools does not go below the range of 500-600, in India and abroad. On the other hand, a score of 700+ will definitely put you in line for most coveted business schools in the world. Here, in the following lists, we have sorted for you the estimated GMAT score required in top B schools for admittance, in the hottest destinations for MBA aspirants around the world.
- Stanford Graduate School of Business – 740
- Harvard Business School – 730
- Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management – 717
- Dartmouth College, Tuck School of Business – 716
- Columbia University, Columbia Business School – 716
- Cornell University – 700
- Duke university – 690
- London Business School – 700
- University of Oxford – 690
- University of Cambridge – 680
- University of Toronto – 674
- University of Western Ontario – 655
- University of British Columbia – 650
- Queen’s School of Business – 650
- University of Ottawa – 630
- McMaster University – 600
- University of New South Wales – 660
- University of Melbourne – 650
- University of Western Australia – 650
- Australian National University – 550
- Macquarie University – 550
Outside these most pursued destinations for management studies, the GMAT score required in top B schools in Asia are listed below:
- HKUST Business School, Hong Kong – 600-720
- IIM Bangalore, India – 710
- INSEAD, Singapore – 703
- IIM Ahmedabad, India – 700
- Nanyang Business School, Singapore – 680
- Peking university Beijing, China – 650
- Seoul National University – South Korea 590
The GMAT score required in top B schools vary based on many factors, of which student population and competition are most prominent. If you are an MBA aspirant, you should aim for a score in the ranges listed above, in order to gain entry into the best business schools worldwide. And for that you should organize your preparation for the exam accordingly.