Check here IBPS PO 2016 Exam Pattern, IBPS PO Mains Exam Syllabus 2016, IBPS PO Exam Schedule, etc.? Get all the details regarding the IBPS PO Prelims and Mains Examination on the official website of Institute of Banking Personnel Selection i.e. IBPS (www.ibps.in.)
IBPS PO 2016 Exam Pattern and Syllabus:
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is one of the biggest banking organisations that conduct bank examination to recruit the eligible candidates for various banks in India. Every year the IBPS conducts bank exam on the basis of the openings in the banks. A large number of candidates apply for the bank examinations conducted by the IBPS board. The board conducts written examination and the candidate who qualifies the examination were moved for the interview round and after the final personal interview round, candidates are posted in various regions of the country. This year also the IBPS has released an advertisement for a large number of posts of IBPS PO (Session 2016-2017).
Here we are providing the full information about the IBPS PO 2016 Exam Pattern or IBPS PO Prelims Pattern 2016, Syllabus, Schedule, etc. Please find out the details.
- IBPS Clerk VI 2016 Registration Details
- IBPS Clerk VI Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- IBPS PO/ MT Preparation Tips
- IBPS Clerk Previous Year Question Papers
- SSC CGL 1 Admit Card 2016
- SSC CGL Tier 1 Cut Off Marks 2016
- SSC CGL Preparation Tips
IBPS PO New Exam Pattern 2016
The candidates who want to apply in the IBPS PO or Probationary Officer Posts has to appear in an entrance examination. The IBPS board has organised a written examination. The candidates who qualify the written test will be selected for the personal interview round. Candidates have to score a very good score to qualify all the rounds. The written test is known as the Common Written Exam (CWE).
IBPS PO 2016 Exam Pattern (Prelims):
- Reasoning Ability Test: Total Questions: 35; Total Marks: 35
- Quantitative Aptitude Test: Total Questions: 35; Total Marks: 35
- English Language Test: Total Questions: 30; Total Marks: 30
- The Total Marks for this paper is 100 and the time duration is 1 Hour.
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern 2016
The IBPS PO Mains Examination is different from that of the Prelims. It is a bit harder than that of Prelims. Below is the pattern of the examination.
- Reasoning: Questions: 50 of 50 marks
- General Awareness: Questions: 40 of 40 marks
- Quantitative Aptitude: Questions 50 of 50 marks
- English Language: Questions 40 of 40 marks
- Computer Knowledge: Questions 20 of 20 marks
- The Total marks of this paper are 200 (140 minutes)
IBPS PO Prelims & Mains Exam Syllabus 2016
The IBPS board has layered the PO syllabus in a much organised way. The PO Prelims syllabus is prepared from three different subjects. The prelims paper will be of 100 marks in total and the Mains paper will be of 200 marks. The time duration for the paper is 1 Hour and 2 Hours respectively
Below is the syllabus of all the categories.
- Reasoning: The reasoning section wraps all the reasoning questions including Reasoning has two different parts: Verbal & Non-verbal. Verbal reasoning covers blood relation, sitting arrangement, coding-decoding, making series and Syllogism. Nonverbal wraps making series, analogy, and classification.
- General English: Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Word formation and Sentence rearrangement; Comprehension: Theme detection, Deriving conclusions, Passage completion, Error detection, and Passage Correction, Sentence correction; Spelling: Grammar, Idioms, and Phrases.
- Quantitative: Number system, HCF & LCM, Number series, Decimal Fractions, Square root and cube root, Simplifications, Partnerships, Percentage, Ratio, and proportions, Average & Ages Ratio & Proportion. Profit and loss, Simple interest and compound interest, Time and work, Time and Distance, Average, Mensuration. Permutation and combination, Data tables, Probability, Pie Charts, Bar Graphs, Line Graphs, Mixed graphs, Case study.
- General Knowledge: Question will be based on the general awareness of the world, especially the banking sector. It also includes: Awards & Honors Sports, Finance, Agriculture, Indian Economy, International Economy, UNO, Marketing, Indian Constitution, etc. History of Banking, current affairs, currencies, Books, Banking Terms, RBI, Fiscal-Monetary Policies, etc.
- Computer: Basic computer knowledge, Software & Hardware related questions, Microsoft-office, abbreviations, etc.
The question paper is set from the above mentioned syllabus. Below is the list of Weightage of Questions:
Reasoning Ability Test Weightage of Questions
- Seating arrangement: 3 – 10 (Qs)
- Coding-Decoding: 3 – 5 (Qs)
- Mathematical Inequalities: 2 – 5 (Qs)
- Blood relation: 2 – 5 (Qs)
- Syllogism: 2 – 5 (Qs)
- Arrangement and Pattern:0 – 3 (Qs)
- Scheduling: 0 – 5 (Qs)
- Direction and Distance: 1 – 2 (Qs)
- Classification/Analogy : 0 – 2 (Qs)
- Series: 0 – 5 (Qs)
- Ordering and ranking: 1 – 2 (Qs)
Quantitative Aptitude Test Weightage of Questions
- Data Interpretation: 5 – 10 (Qs)
- Data Sufficiency: 2 – 5 (Qs)
- Simplification: 2 – 5 (Qs)
- Mensuration: 1 – 3 (Qs)
- Profit and Loss: 1 – 3 (Qs)
- Time and Work: 1 – 3 (Qs)
- Ratio and Proportion: 1 – 2 (Qs)
- Percentage: 1 – 2 (Qs)
- Number Series for IBPS: 0 – 5 (Qs)
- Quadratic Equations: 0 – 5 (Qs)
- Mixture Problems: 1 – 2 (Qs)
- Reading Comprehension: 10 (Qs)
- Cloze Test: 5 (Qs)
- Sentence Correction: 5 (Qs)
- Spot the error: 5 (Qs)
- Fill in the blanks: 5 (Qs)
- Para jumbles: 5 (Qs)
All the questions set for both the Prelims and the Mains examination will be multiple choice questions. Candidates have to choose the correct answer from the given options. There will be a negative marking system for this examination. For every wrong question, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
Preparation Tips For The IBPS PO 2016 Examination
Thoroughly study all the important points of all the subjects.
- If you are weak in English, improve your skills by reading any grammar book which is easily available in any bookstore.
- Always schedule time for all the subjects separately.
- Make a note of all the important numbers, facts, and tricks
- Follow previous years solved papers
- Don’t get confuse in choosing the answer, if you get confuse better to leave the question.
IBPS PO Exam Schedule
The examination schedule will be intimated soon to the candidates on the website. Candidates are requested to check the website regularly.
Wish you all the best and prepare well. If you have any query regarding the examination, visit our website and get all the latest updates about the examination.