IIM MBA Admission 2016-2017 application process will begin soon. Registrations for CAT 2016 will be commenced from 6th August 2016. So, the aspirants are advised to apply for IIM CAT 2016 Application Form before the last date. Those who are planning to appear for the CAT 2016 should take a note that the CAT 2016 Application Form will be available from August 6.
IIM CAT 2016 Application Form- Registrations Online:
CAT is a computer based exam conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) on rotational basis to select the right candidates for their business administration programs. The CAT is considered as the toughest management entrance exam which will help you to unlock the doors of more than 100 management institutes all across the country including:
- Indian Institutes of Management, IIM’s
- Faculty of Management Studies, FMS
- Management Development Institute, Gurgoan
- P Jain Institute of Management and Research, SPJIMR
- International Management Institute, IMI
- Institute of Management Technology, IMT
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering, NITIE
- Jamanlal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, JBIMS and many more.
CAT 2016 Important Dates:
|Release of Notification||July 2016 (Sunday)|
|Online Registration for CAT Starts||06th August to 25th September 2016|
|Admit Card Download Period||15th October 2016, 1:00 PM till Exam Date|
|CAT Exam Date||29th November 2016 (Sunday)|
|Results Declaration Date||Second week of January 2017|
CAT 2016 Eligibility Criteria
The candidate must satisfy the below mentioned criteria’s:
- Should have a Bachelor’s Degree, with minimum 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of the candidates belonging to SC, ST and PWD/ DA category)
- The degree should be awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD,Government of India.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are waiting for the results can also apply. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the program conditionally, only if she/he submits a certificate latest by June 30, 2017 from the Principal/Registrar of her/his College/Institute (issued on or before June 30, 2017) stating that the applicant has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
IIMs may cross check eligibility at various stages of the selection procedure; the details can be checked at the official website www.iimcat.ac.in.
MBA Admission Process:
Once the candidate qualifies the CAT, he /she will be required to go for the next stage of admission procedure which may include Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussions (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI). Your CAT score plays a vital role in your selection to the top MBA colleges.
There will be other criteria like previous academic performance, work experience etc. also to evaluate your candidature for a particular seat in an IIM institute. These factors will influence your ranking and final selection for the top institutes. The selection procedure, cut off score and weightage to different evaluation parameters may differ across IIMs.
Reservation of Seats for CAT 2016
- For Scheduled Caste (SC) Candidates: 15%
- For Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates: 7.5%
- For Other Backward Classes (OBC): 27%
- For the person with disabilities (PWD/DA): 3%
Note: The above percentage is subject to change as per the notification by the Indian government.
CAT 2016 Registration Process:
The registrations for CAT 2016 will begin on 6th August 2016 and continue till 25th September 2016. Candidates can apply online only. The registration can be done through the official website www.iimcat.ac.in. Applicants will be required to fill the mandatory details in the prescribed format in the CAT application form and then select three cities as preferred test venues. The candidates will be allotted one of the three cities as the test venue after the registrations get over. Candidates will be able download their admit cards from 15th October 2016 to till 1:00 PM on the Exam Date.
Courses Presented Under CAT 2016
- PGPBM: Post Graduate Programme in Business Management
- PGPEM: Post Graduate Programme in Enterprise Management
- PGP: Post Graduate Programme
- PGP-UAE: PGP at UAE
- PGP-ABM: Post Graduate Programme in Agriculture Business Management
- PGPPM: Post Graduate Programme in Public Policy and Management
- PGPWE: PGP for Working Executive
- EPGPM: Executive Post Graduate Programme
- PGDM: Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- PGDHRM: Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- PGPSM: Post Graduate Programme in Securities Markets
- PGPEX: Post Graduate Programme for Executives
CAT 2016 Application fee
- The registration fee for general and NC/OBC category candidates is Rs.1600/
- The application fee for the SC/ST/Person with disability is Rs.800/
CAT 2016 Exam Pattern
CAT exam is known to be the toughest of all the entrance exams and every year lakhs of candidates appear for the CAT. They prepare day and night to crack the exam. The Accuracy and Speed are the most important skills to crack the exam. CAT is the keys to unlock the doors of the IIMs.
The exam pattern for the CAT changes every year. The new exam pattern for the CAT 2016 is given below:
The CAT 2016 will have 3 sections:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Duration|
|Verbal Reasoning & Reading Comprehension||34||60 Min.|
|Quantitative Aptitude (QA)||34||60 Min.|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||60 Min.|
Candidates should not forget that the CAT 2016 Application Form will be available from 6th August and should submit your form with the fees before the last date to submit your CAT 2016 Application Form.
You May Also Like: