What is MBA in Quality Management?
We live in a society where the consumer is treated equally to “God” and the only motive of all business organizations is to attain “consumer satisfaction”. Consumers and stakeholders have certain demands and expectations that are needed to be fulfilled by the organizations. Any failure or not reaching the standards of consumers will make the organization a big failure.
The market is increasing day-by-day and with the increase in competition due to globalization, the need to increase the quality of the products arises even more. To escape from these failures, all business organizations search out for masters who have enough knowledge about the working quality and can deal with daily challenges.
So, if you want to be a part of this change or interested in changing the monotony from quantity to quality, then you can pursue MBA in Quality Management. MBA refers to the study that includes– How does a business work or you want to improve your managerial skills, learn more about different sectors such as finance, markets, customers operations, health, communication, information technology, and business policy and strategy. But, MBA in Quality management is an add-on specialization that you can pursue after a Bachelor’s degree in any of these courses- Business Administration, Engineering, Science, and Math.
MBA in Quality Management, as the name suggests, give you in-depth knowledge about the usage of qualitative and quantitative methods to identify and solve problems, gain knowledge in auditing and administration, progression in the area of quality management and allied business domain, increase the standard quality of product to stand out highly in the competitive market place.
A four-semester two-year postgraduate program, expects students to design and establish new techniques to deliver the best quality products and services to the end consumers. The program consists of quality control standards for improving business performance, quality assurance and planning, quality management systems and techniques, and audit and designing of various quality management systems.
MBA in Quality Management will teach you business ethics like – leadership, market competitive spirit, product efficiency, partnership, analytical power, logical reasoning and, enhance your communication skills. You’ll be able to reduce the costs and increase the quality to attract the customers and stakeholders. You will get to study subjects like Supply Chain Management, Six Sigma, Management of Service Quality, Management, and Business Leadership, profitability, lean operations, global effectiveness, quality culture, employee empowerment, etc. the course will help you to gain immense knowledge about the strategies that can be used in both for-profit and nonprofit organizations.
Benefits of pursuing MBA in Quality Management
- The course will help you to face real operational and managerial challenges of the market, develop personality and career skills, and help us to improve, develop and advertise the quality of products by meeting the expectations of our consumers and stakeholders.
- The most popular MBA specialization course in today’s competitive market, where consumers look for quality and not quantity. It is a great platform for developing all-round qualities and versatility for the business environment.
- The course helps you to conduct research on gap analysis to develop a quality management strategy and coming up with the best management policy that can be enforced by the organization to maintain its position in the market. It gives you an idea of the management policies of your organization and how can you re-build or fix them for better outcomes.
- Helps in acquiring managerial and leadership skills, make you understand concepts of new technology, marketing, and people, so that you can use this knowledge to achieve your goals and bringing additional profits to the organization.
- As an MBA student, you will have great opportunities to build your own business network. You can build your network by interacting with a large number of students and faculties with great management experience, this can help you to get even more knowledge of the market and increase your business abilities. Your connections will give you a great overview of the global business; thus better understanding global business affairs.
- In the past few years, management degrees have been rising in popularity in Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada. 85% of all worldwide Masters in Management degrees are offered with the best facilities and a high employment rate.
- Job security and a high salary are the best benefits given by this degree. The average income for an MBA graduate is much higher than an employee’s with a regular Master’s Degree. You can expect to earn with the lowest INR 55 Lakhs to INR 86 Lakhs from the Quality Management degree and can even start your worn company with a scratch to an entrepreneur.
Syllabus of MBA in Quality Management
|Semester||Subjects in MBA Quality Management|
|1st||– People and Organization Management- Managerial Economics- Financial Accounting- Quantitative Techniques|
|2nd||– Strategic, Operation, and Financial Management
– Business Policy
|3rd||– Total Quality Management
– QM Systems and Control- Strategic Management and Business Policy
|4th||– Elective 1 and 2
– Dissertation Project
|Electives||· – Leadership & Managing Change· – Project Management· – Supply Chain Management· – Software Quality Management· – Quality Analytics· – Business Acumen for Managing Quality
Note- The syllabus mentioned here is of BITS-Pilani. The subject’s name may vary from institute to institute.
Top universities for MBA in Quality Management in India
Below is the table of Top 10 Indian Institutes or Universities offering Quality Management with their locations and fee structure.
|1. Indian Institute of Management – Bangalore (IIMB)||Bangalore||INR 17,00,000|
|2. Indian Institute of Management –Calcutta (IIMC)||Calcutta||INR 16,20,000|
|3. Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies||Mumbai||INR 63,000|
|4. Symbiosis Institute of Business Management||Pune||INR 80,000|
|5. Birla Institute of Management Technology||Noida||INR 10,00,000|
|6. SP Jain Institute of Management and Research||Mumbai||INR 11,70,000|
|7. ASM’s Institute of Professional Studies||Pune||INR 1,60,000|
|8.Fortune Institue of International Business||Delhi||INR 6,80,000|
|9. Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies||Harihar, Karnataka||INR 10,00,000|
|10. Atharva Institute of Management Studies||Mumbai||INR 1,30,000|
Tabulated below are Top 5 foreign Universities offering MBA in Quality Management with the fee structure.
|1. Hofstra University||USA||INR 24,00,000|
|2. Lincoln University of Business and Management||UAE||INR 7,00,000|
|3. United Arab Emirates University||UAE||INR 28,00,000|
|4. Lomonosov Moscow State University||Russia||INR7,00,000|
|5. MBA at Harvard Business School||USA||INR 54,00,000|
With the emergence of professionals demanded in the industry with various techniques and methods to strategize their sales, the career prospects are very high in Quality Management. By doing this course you will be provided with a number of opportunities and can become an asset to your company. The discipline consists of four main components- quality planning, quality assurance, quality control, and quality improvement. Learning about these disciplines will give you a bright career in many fields. Some are:
- Quality Manager
- Quality Control Executive
- Quality Supervisor
- Operations Manager
- Factory Manager
- Quality Assurance Analyst
- Quality Engineer
- Quality Leader
You can also work in these sectors after pursuing MBA in Quality Management:
- Security Agencies
- Manufacturing and Construction Firms
- Academic Institutions
- Research Institutions
- Non-Governmental Organizations
- Civil Services
- Government Ministries and Agencies