Why MS in Australia?
Australia is an excellent choice for the students who want to study abroad. Australia offers you the academic excellence and the freedom to choose the path which is in sync with your career plans. Also, the tuition fees and cost of living is much affordable as compared to the US and the UK. Universities of Australia are known for the high quality of education as many of them are in top 100 University Rankings given by various agencies.
If you are studying in Australia, you are encouraged to be an innovative, creative and independent thinker. While studying MS in Australia, you will be invigorated to work in a team which will help you to learn various soft skills, how to communicate effectively and intellectual abilities which helps one to succeed in life. You grow as a human being who is more acceptable and receptive of different cultures and perspectives. It is indeed a once in a life time experience which molds you and your thought process.
The Australian universities encourage students to take initiative and think of innovative and practical solutions to the real-world problems. Once you do your Masters in Australia, you are sought after by many International employers.
There are many other reasons why you should be selecting Australia as your study abroad destination. We are listing here a few:
- Australia after USA and UK has the third highest no. of international students in the world.
- There are 8 universities among the top 100 universities in the world.
- Australia offers 22,000 courses across 1,100 institutions.
- Australia has 5 of the 30 best cities in the world for students.
- More than A$200 million International scholarships are provided by the Australian Government.
Australia helps you to live, learn and grow. It is a young, dynamic and student friendly country which really encourages diversity in its universities.
Advantages of Pursuing your Masters in Australia:
- It can be accomplished either by Research or coursework
- As per Australian immigration policy, a 2 yr. Master’s degree either by coursework or Research makes one eligible for a 2 yr. post-study work visa.
- The students are allowed to work part-time for the duration of 20hrs/week while studying and 40 hrs. /week while on vacation.
- Even your Spouse can accompany you and work fulltime i.e. 40 hrs. / Week during the study period and also during the post study work visa period.
Popular Master’s Courses:
- Information Technology
- MBA and Management specializations
- Public Health and Health Administration
MS in Australia- GRE Score Required or Not?
Not all the universities Required GRE score in Australia. It is not a mandatory test to submit your application like the USA but if you have given the GRE and if you apply for the Australian universities, your chances of getting selected become higher. The student will be required to clear the GRE Cut Off for MS in Australia I order to apply for scholarships. A good GRE score helps you to get the much needed financial aid in the form of scholarships. The Average GRE Score for MS in Australia is 300. So, the candidates who have a decent GRE score will have more opportunities at hand.
Top 10 Universities in Australia Offering Masters
- University of Melbourne
- University of Sydney
- University of New South Wales
- University of Queensland
- Australian National University
- University of Western Australia
- University of Adelaide
- Monash University
- Macquarie University
- Curtin University
So, if you are aiming to study masters in Australia firstly chose the right course and then check the eligibility criteria before you apply. As stated above, Studying in Australia will open the wide options of employment opportunities for you all across the world.