NEET PG 2017: Registration, Dates, Eligibility and Other Important Details
NEET PG 2017 is the single entrance exam to be conducted by National Board of Education for the admissions to the various MD/MS and PG Diploma courses. The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2017 for Post-Graduation courses is the national level exam which will be held from December 5 to 13, 2016.
NEET PG 2017 Registration and Exam Details
NEET PG 2017 is an online computer based test. This year, All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination (AIPGMEE) and DNB CET have been replaced by the NEET PG 2017. The candidates will be able to get admission into all government, private & deemed medical colleges across India except a few. Read on to know about the NEET PG 2017 Exam Details like NEET PG 2017 Registration, NEET PG 2017 Exam Dates, NEET PG 2017 Eligibility Criteria and other important details.
The NEET PG 2017 Registration is now open and candidates can apply through the official site. The NBE is going to conduct the NEET PG 2017 for the admission to the MD/MS and PG diploma courses and NEET MDS 2017 for the Dental courses. The registrations for the NEET MDS 2017 are also now open and can be done until 31st October 2016 and the exam will be conducted between 30th November 2016 to 3rd December 2016.
Overview of NEET PG 2017
Name of the Exam: National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (Post Graduation) NEET PG 2017
Organised By: National Board of Examinations (NBE).
Exempted Institutes: The following institutes are exempted by the NEET PG and they will be conducting their own entrance exam:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMR), Chandigarh
- JIPMER, Pondicherry
- NIMHANS Bangalore
- Sri Chitra Institute, Trivandrum
- SGPGIMS, Lucknow
Seats Available under NEET PG 2017 –
- 50% quota seats from all India for the MD/MS/PG Diploma courses (all states excluding Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana)
- State quota seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses for all States/Union territories of India (including the states of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) and Telangana)
- Seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses available at all Private Medical Colleges, Institutes & Universities or Deemed Universities all across India
- Seats available at Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses.
DNB Broad speciality courses (Jan. 2017 Admission Session)
About NEET PG 2017
- NEET PG 2017 is a computer based exam
- The exam will be conducted in 41 cities at 86 test centres.
- 50% of the All India Quota (Pool) seats are available under NEET PG
- Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu and Kashmir enjoy special status so they won’t be participating in the 50% All India Quota (Pool)
- The status of NIMHANS participating in the NEET PG 2017 is still not known as it is not mandatory for the institute to participate. It is a statutory institute formed under an act of the central legislature.
- AIIMS PG, JIPMER PG and PGIMER are the exempted from NEET PG 2017.
NEET PG 2017 Important Dates
It is imperative that the candidates keep track of the important events and dates for the NEET PG 2017 in order to avoid missing deadlines and apply timely.
|Availability of information brochure||September 26, 2016|
|Online registration starts||September 26, 2016|
|Online registration last date||October 31, 2016|
|Admit card Issue||Immediate after filling Application and payment of fees|
|Date of Exam||December 5 to 13, 2016|
|Declaration of result||January 15, 2017|
Schedule for both the sessions of NEET PG
|Events||Forenoon Sessions||Afternoon Sessions|
|Entry Time at the Reporting Counters||9:00 AM||2:45 PM|
|Entry Closing at the Reporting Counter||9:30 AM||3:15 PM|
|Check-in Process||9:00 AM to 10:00 AM||2:45 PM TO 3:45 PM|
|Start Time*||10:00 AM||3:45 PM|
|End Time||1:45 PM||7:30 PM|
NEET PG 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Before you apply for the NEET PG 2017, it is mandatory that you first check the eligibility criteria as decided by the concerned authorities for NEET PG 2017. The NBE has prescribed specific criteria related to academic qualifications, nationality, age limit etc. A candidate must fulfil these criteria in order to apply for the NEET PG 2017. The eligibility criteria for NEET PG 2017 are:
- All Aspirants must hold an MBBS degree, from a recognised national or international medical institute and it should be included in the Schedules to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956.
- All Candidates should have completed the mandatory internship. The candidates should have acquired permanent registration from Medical Counselling of India (MCI) or from the respective State Medical Council (SMC).
- The aspirants who are still doing their internship are also eligible to apply but their internship should get over by 31st March 2017 or their admission shall stand cancel.
A Candidate will not be considered eligible if:-
- She/he has studied medicine from a non-recognized institute.
- The internship is not completed.
- She/he doesn’t have permanent registration from Medical Counselling of India (MCI).
- The NEET PG 2017 application form is not filled in the prescribed format and submitted before the deadline.
NEET PG 2017 Application Fee
|Category of Candidates||Amount|
|General/ OBC||Rs 3750/-|
If you have any queries, please ask in the comment box.