Northwestern Admission: The Kellogg School of Management is part of the Northwestern University. The Kellogg School was founded in 1908 in downtown Chicago. The Kellogg B-School was commissioned to educate leaders with “good moral character”. It was Kellogg School of Business which founded the use of group projects and evaluations. The importance of “teamwork” and “team leadership” was popularised by the Kellogg School within the corporate world.
Kellogg has been ranked as one of the top B-Schools in the world by the Business Week, US News & World Report, The Economist Intelligence Unit and other business news outlets. Notable alumni from Kellogg School of Management hold leadership positions at the various profit, non-profit organizations, governmental and academic institutes across the world.
Northwestern Admission Details
For Admission in Kellogg, the Kellogg MBA Programs Selection committee looks for the following personality traits when you apply for a program:
- Extra-curricular activities
- Intellectual ability
- Interpersonal skills
- Leadership experience
- Problem-solving skills
- Values and motivations
Work Experience is Recommended
To get admission into the Northwestern MBA, an applicant should have at least 2 years of work experience upon matriculation. The admissions committee at Kellogg believes that work experience will help you to understand your academic course better and you will be able to contribute better and in more participative manner.
When to Apply
It is advisable to apply early because that will be advantageous for grants, scholarships or on-campus staying.
International students are admitted in round 1 and round 2 in order to give them time to process their visa.
Procedure to Apply for Northwestern Admission in Kellogg
Kellogg encourages international candidates to be part of the program at Kellogg B-School. Students from as many as 90 countries apply to the Kellogg. Candidate should check the following requirements before submitting the application.
- A college-level education which is equivalent to a 4-year baccalaureate degree from the United States of America is required
- A degree from certain international 3-year undergraduate programs (e.g., institutions in India, UK) may be acceptable
- It is highly recommended that international candidates should apply by the Round 1 or Round 2 deadline.
- The name on your application must match the name on your passport. Any discrepancy will delay our ability to process the I-20 form, which is required to obtain a visa
Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) and International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
All the candidates who are not USA citizens or permanent residents are required to send a valid TOEFL or IELTS score to the Kellogg Business School. The score results are valid for 2 years.
Exemptions may be granted if one of the following criteria is met:
- The applicant completed an undergraduate or graduate degree at a college or university in the United States
- The applicant completed an undergraduate or graduate degree at a college or university where English was the ONLY language of instruction
The code for uploading the TOEFL scores to the Kellogg Full-Time MBA Program is 1546.