The new changes introduced in CGL Tier 1 Pattern. Here we will be listing all the important related details. Check here SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern 2016, SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Syllabus, Exam Schedule.
The Staff Selection Commission will be conducting Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Tier 1 entrance exam for recruiting the competent candidates into various posts in Central Government. As per the advertisement, there are 8624 vacancies to be filled at the Central level. The SSC is responsible for conducting various recruitment exams to fill the vacant government posts all across the country which comes under the control of the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT). The SSC has recently released the CGL Tier 1 Pattern, CGL tier 1 Exam Schedule 2016 and CGL Tier 1 Syllabus 2016.
This year the SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam will be conducted on 27th August. There are many changes done by the SSC this year in the CGL 2016 Exam.
The Changes in the CGL Tier 1 Pattern are listed below:
- Revised Selection Procedure: There were two Tiers Tier I and Tier II. Now, in addition, there is Tier III which is a Descriptive Paper of English/Hindi. So it will be a bilingual paper. The candidate can choose one mode of language. The details are here:
One needs to qualify each Tier in order to move to the next level. The marks secured in each Tier will form the basis of Final Merit List. Tier 4 is qualifying in nature. The SSC has discontinued Sectional Cut Off.
- Number of Questions: The Staff Selection Commission has revised the CGL 2016 Paper Pattern. This year the numbers of questions have been reduced to 100 for CGL Tier 1 examination from 200.
- Computer Based: Now it is going to be computer-based Online Exam with 100 multiple choice questions each carrying 2 marks.
- Negative Marking: There will be negative marking of .5 for each wrong answer.
- Duration Of Exam: The total time allotted to solve 100 questions is 75 minutes.
The revised CGL Tier 1 pattern and marking scheme is as follows:-
|Name of the Section||Questions||Marks|
|Reasoning and General Intelligence||25||50|
The number of sections and total marks will be the same.
CGL 2016 Syllabus: The syllabus for CGL Tier 1 exam 2016 can be downloaded from the official website or from the direct link given below. There are no changes in the syllabus so it is a relief to the appearing candidates.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus can be downloaded from here.