A large number of applicants are eager to get UPSC CDS Exam Syllabus 2015 and Pattern 2015 for the written exam to be conducted in the month of November 2015. Get here complete UPSC CDS 2 Exam Syllabus 2015 and UPSC CDS 2 Exam Pattern 2015.
UPSC CDS 2 Exam Syllabus and Pattern 2015:
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the examination for Combined Defense Services (CDS) twice every year. This test selects candidates for hiring in:
- Officers Training Academy
- Indian Naval Academy
- Indian Military Academy
- Indian Air Force Academy.
This article focuses on UPSC CDS 2 Exam Syllabus & Pattern 2015. Only candidates who are unmarried and
eligible can appear for this examination. UPSC releases notification for CDS every year on the month of October and June, for examinations held in February and November respectively. For preparation, here is an elaborate idea of the UPSC CDS 2 Exam Syllabus 2015 and UPSC CDS Exam Pattern 2015.
The UPSC CDS Exam Syllabus 2015 will test your skills in the following four fields:
This section tests understanding of English, and workmanlike usage of words.
- Jumbled Paragraphs
- Reading Comprehension
- Error Spotting
- Sentence Correction
- Jumbled Sentences
- Fill in the Blanks.
- Current affairs
- Matters of general scientific observation, with no special study required in the subject
- History of India
- Natural Geography
This section of the UPSC CDS 2 Exam Syllabus 2015 includes six subparts as follows.
- Number System – Integers, Natural Numbers, Real and Rational Numbers, Fundamental operations
- Unitary Method – Time and Distance, Work, Percentage, Simple and Compound Interest, Ratio and Proportion, Profit and Loss, Variation
- Elementary Number Theory – Division Algorithm, tests of divisibility, Prime and composite numbers, Multiples and Factors, Factorization, Euclidean Algorithm, Logarithms to base 10, laws of Logarithms, Logarithmic Tables
- Basic operations, Remainder Theorem, Simple Factors, LCM, HCF
- Theory of Polynomials, Solution of Quadratic Equations, Relations between their Roots and Coefficients (real roots)
- Simultaneous linear equations for two variables – analytical solution and graphical solution
- Practical Problems
- Set language and notation
- Rational Expressions and Conditional Identities
- Laws of Indices
- Sine x, Cosine x and Tangent x, 0<x<90 degrees
- Values of sin x, cos x and tan x, for x=0, 30, 45, 60 and 90
- Simple trigonometric identities
- Trigonometric tables
- Simple cases of heights and distances
- Lines and Angles
- Plane and Plane Figures
- Theorems on
- Angles at a point
- Sides and angles of a triangle
- Parallel lines
- Concurrence of medians and altitudes
- Circles including tangents and normal
- Angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, square and rectangle
- Similar triangles
- Congruency of triangles
- Area of squares, parallelograms, rectangles, circles, triangles.
- Area of figures split into simpler figures.
- Volume and Surface Area of Cuboids
- Volume and Lateral Surface Area of Right Circular Cylinders and Cones
- Volume and Surface Area of Spheres
- Collection and tabulation of Statistical Data
- Frequency Polygons
- Graphical Representation
- Pie Charts and Bar Charts
- Measures of Central Tendency
Intelligence and Personality:
These tests included in UPSC CDS 2 Exam Syllabus 2015 weigh the mental caliber of candidates.
- Verbal and non-verbal tests on basic intelligence
- Group tests like discussions, planning, outdoor tasks, brief lectures on specified subjects
UPSC CDS Exam Pattern 2015:
|Elementary Mathematics||120||2 hours||100|
|General Knowledge||120||2 hours||100|
- Elementary Mathematics is not tested for Officers Training Academy (OTA).
- Wrong answers are penalized
The following important dates describe the UPSC CDS Exam Schedule 2015:
- Notification date: 25 July, 2015
- Application Deadline: 14 August, 2015
- CDS Exam Date: 1 November, 2015